The American Association of International Healthcare Recruitment (AAIHR) is a Delaware not-for-profit corporation. The association was formed to represent the interests of U.S.-based international healthcare recruitment service providers and to promote legal, ethical, and professional practices for international healthcare recruitment. The mission of AAIHR is:
- To ensure quality and competency in the recruitment of internationally trained professionals to supplement the American healthcare workforce;
- To utilize screening and education programs that assures safe and competent clinical practice among foreign-trained healthcare professionals working in the United States;
- To encourage ethical business practices in international recruitment;
- To advocate for fair and consistent regulation relating to the recruitment, credentialing, immigration, licensure, and employment of foreign-trained healthcare professionals; and
- To create and foster public awareness on our industry’s positive impact on patient care in the United States.